Canal Physician Group has an opportunity for a full-time Medical Assistant who enjoys both front and back office functions.
Under the supervision of the Office Manager, the Registration Specialist is responsible for greeting and directing patients, insuring accurate and timely registration, posting charges, collecting payments, processing referrals, scheduling appointments and working denials. Rooms patients and assists providers as appropriate.• Verifies and updates registration information in the practice management system in accordance with Partners Physician Group policy. Notifies clinical staff and/or physician of the arrival of a patient scheduled for an appointment.
• Collects co-pays and account balances and accurately enters these in the computer daily.
• Posts and balances charges and payments daily including the preparation of the daily deposit.
• Answers telephone promptly and courteously; takes messages accurately and provides information as needed.
• Schedules patient appointments in the computer according to established guidelines.
• Completes referrals and precertifications in a timely manner as needed.
• Assembles, updates and files medical record charts. Places lab work, test results and dictation on charts in accordance with office guidelines.
• Complies with transcription tracking policy.
• Reports compliance issues related to coding, transcription and patient confidentiality.
• Works denial report and makes corrections in accordance with Partners Physician Group policy.
• Prepares medical records for chart audits. Complies with front desk and charge entry audit policies.
• Works with physicians, secretaries, clinical staff, coding coordinators and billing department to resolve patient inquiries and billing and/or coding questions.
• Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
• Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure.
Qualifications: High school graduate or the equivalent. Certified Medical Assistant preferred. Excellent customer service skills. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Skilled in the safe handling of money. One year's work experience with registration charge posting in a medical office setting or completion of medical assistant program. Competent with computer software including practice management systems and windows applications.
Apply Online. Resume may be submitted upon completion of application.
Human Resources, Division of Recruitment and Retention
Akron General Health System
1 Akron General Avenue
Akron, Ohio 44307
Akron General Health System is an equal opportunity employer.