Nurse Practitioner - Lodi Community Care Center - LCH
Primary Care office located in Lodi is seeking a full-time Nurse Practitioner.
Under the direct supervision of the Office Manager MD Office, in collaboration with physicians, the Nurse Practitioner is responsible for total nursing control of specific patients under the direction of physicians. Follows established nursing standards, procedures, and practices, and gives specific patient care directions to nursing and other staff.• Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
• Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other specialists as required and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
• Obtains complete medical histories, assesses patient conditions and develops individual care plans for patients.
• Assists physicians with examinations, procedures and other processes related to direct patient care. May prescribe drugs and therapeutic devices.
• Performs nursing procedures including administers medications and injections, application of simple dressings, sutures minor lacerations, and urine tests.
• Interprets data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Arranges for patients ordered diagnostic and therapeutic services in collaboration with physicians.
• Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions. Provides patient education in collaboration with physicians.
• Works with physicians in managing acute and long-term patient needs.
• Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
• Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records, charges and charts. Maintains all required reports, records, statistics, etc. Posts tests and examination results.
• Provides preventive health care services. Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
• Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, inservice meetings, and maintains professional affiliations.
• Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure.
• Follows hospital/system and department policies with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge and safety.
Qualifications: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Master's degree required. Successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner program. Current license to practice in the State of Ohio. Certificate of Authority to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner. One year professional nursing experience in a physician office setting. Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practice and medical care to give and evaluate patient care. Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations, and procedures to administer patient care.
Apply Online. Resume may be submitted upon completion of application.
Human Resources, Division of Recruitment and Retention
Akron General Health System
1 Akron General Avenue
Akron, Ohio 44307
Akron General Health System is an equal opportunity employer.