Busy cardiology practice is seeking a semifull-time (32 hours per week) Nurse Practitioner.
Working in collaboration with the office manager and under the direct supervision of the physician, the Nurse Practitioner provides primary care to patients acting as an assistant to physicians in the office following established standards and practices.
• Obtains complete medical history and physical data on patients.
• Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as needed.
• Performs a complete physical exam and records findings. Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
• Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures in collaboration with the physician.
• Synthesizes data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan utilizing principles of prevention.
• Administers medications and injections according to physician direction.
• Sutures minor lacerations.
• Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention.
• Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
• Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions. Provides patient education.
• Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results.
• Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation.
• Manages medical and surgical emergencies.
• Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
• Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains current Basic Life Support (BLS).
• Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
Qualifications: Successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner program. Current license to practice in the State of Ohio. Certificate of Authority to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner. One year professional nursing experience in a physician office setting. Good written and interpersonal communication skills. Excellent analytical and decision making skills. Maintains current Basic Life Support (BLS).
Apply Online. Resume may be submitted upon completion of application.
Human Resources, Division of Recruitment and Retention
Akron General Health System
1 Akron General Avenue
Akron, Ohio 44307
Akron General Health System is an equal opportunity employer.