A rapid approach to understanding if you have breast cancer or not
We understand the anxiety you experience when a mammogram is abnormal and there’s the possibility of breast disease. We provide the one-on-one care and support our patients need. We take the time to listen and answer your questions. And we’re with you every step of the way to arrange your care from your initial appointment to testing and any follow-up care you may need.
A unique feature of Akron General Reflections Breast Health Center is the registered nurse, who is specially trained in breast health. She helps guide patients by coordinating care, answering questions, easing concerns and providing education and information about resources available at Akron General and in the community.
Our Breast Health Center:
- Schedules all necessary testing and procedures.
- Works side-by-side with your physician to coordinate care every step of the way.
- Guides you through your treatment, providing education and support.
- Brings together a team of breast health specialists to review your diagnosis, treatment and support options.
- Your team includes surgeons and radiologists with special expertise in breast health, reconstructive surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists.
What You Can Expect
If you receive an abnormal mammogram, we offer a prompt, complete assessment, including your breast health history, symptoms and a breast cancer risk analysis.
After your initial assessment, you may be scheduled for additional procedures, such as a breast ultrasound, biopsy, cyst aspiration, breast MRI or stereotactic need biopsy. Rest assured our Breast Health Care Coordinator will help guide you through this process.
Your physician will receive your results promptly. You’ll also be contacted with the results and we will take care of scheduling additional testing, if needed.
What is Breast Cancer
Signs & Symptoms of Breast Cancer
How is Breast Cancer Diagnosed?
Breast Cancer Treatment Options