Edwin Shaw Rehabilitation Institute is an exceptionally experienced and accredited rehabilitation hospital facility. Every three years survey teams from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and The Joint Commission (TJC) thoroughly inspect the facility and review programs, practices, policies and procedures.
- Edwin Shaw Rehabilitation Institute is accredited by CARF in 7 inpatient and outpatient programs.CARF accreditation demonstrates a program’s quality, transparency, and commitment to the satisfaction of the persons served. CARF International is an independent, not-for-profit accreditor of human service providers in the areas of Aging Services, Behavioral Health, Child and Youth Services, Durable Medical Equipment, Employment and Community Services, Medical Rehabilitation, and Opioid Treatment Programs. (888) 281-6531.
4891 E. Grant Road
Tuscon, AZ 85712
Phone: 520-325-1044 or 1-888-281-6531/Voice/TTY
Additional CARF Resources: www.carf.org/Resources/ConsumerResources
- Edwin Shaw is accredited by The Joint Commission, signifying that it has voluntarily met the organization's high standards for healthcare services.
The public may contact The Joint Commission for unresolved patient safety or quality care concerns at:
Office of Quality Monitoring
One Renaissance Blvd.
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Rest assured, Edwin Shaw meets these guidelines, and we're happy to answer any specific questions. For more information, please contact Edwin Shaw Rehabilitation Institute at 330-436-0910.
With your continued recovery at home will come changes for you and your family. That's why we feel it's so important to also involve those who will be helping to care for you at home.
We offer training sessions for families so they will know how to assist you in your daily activities once you are discharged. Families can ask nursing staff on the unit about signing up for a family training session.
Edwin Shaw and Akron General offers many health information resources. Patients receive education, relevant to their condition, to keep and take home, along with one-on-one instruction, as needed.
We also offer additional and free health information resources through our Community Health Library. You don't even have to come in, simply call, fax or fill out an online information request and we are happy to send you the information you need to improve your health and stay well.
Accreditation: Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for:
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs – Hospital (Adults)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs – Hospital (Children and Adolescents)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs – Hospital: Brain Injury Program (Adults)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs – Hospital: Brain Injury Program (Children and Adolescents)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs – Hospital: Stroke Specialty Program (Adults)
- Interdisciplinary Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Programs (Adults)
- Single Discipline Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Programs (Adults)
Northeast Ohio Medical University, Other Public and Private Colleges and Universities,
All Akron-area Hospitals
American Hospital Association
Ohio Hospital Association
Akron Regional Hospital Association
Greater Cleveland Hospital Association
National Head Injury Foundation
Ohio Association of Rehabilitation Facilities
Ohio Department of Human Services (Medicaid)
Ohio Department of Alcohol and Drug Addiction Services
Most Insurance Companies