Addiction is a difficult and frustrating illness. Recovery is possible and Edwin Shaw Rehabilitation Institute professionals offer help and guidance.
A confidential, comprehensive face-to-face interview begins the assessment process. A skilled chemical dependency counselor reviews medical, emotional, behavioral and familial characteristics related to drug or alcohol use. The interdisciplinary team determines the appropriate level of care for the client, which includes variable length of stay and individualized treatment planning. Individual marital and family therapy is also available to our clients and family members.
Programs available include:
Adult Intensive Outpatient Programs
- Day Intensive Outpatient Program- offers services three to five days a week which includes a Family Session. Professional counselors provide evaluation, treatment and recovery services while addressing lifestyle and behavioral issues.
- Evening Intensive Outpatient Program Sort - offers services 3 nights a week and provides structured educational lectures and intensive group therapy to encourage motivation for change.
- Evening Intensive Outpatient Program - Akron General Health & Wellness Center - West offers services 3 nights a week and provides structured educational lectures and intensive group therapy to encourage motivation for change, focus is on co-occurring treatment.
Adult Outpatient Programs
- Aftercare Outpatient Therapy - provided once a week for those who have completed the intensive outpatient programs, but still need to stabilize and have an ongoing support system.
- MORE (Modified Outpatient Rehabilitation and Education) Program - a treatment option that addresses the needs of persons who have a diagnosis of chemical dependency or abuse, and suffer from traumatic brain injury or other neurological disorders.
- Treatment for Opioid Addiction Medication-assisted Treatment - a treatment for addiction that includes the use of the medication, Suboxone, along with counseling and supportive services. This combination of medication and counseling helps persons to address life issues that they may have that are tied to addiction, and helps them to move away from harmful drugs and behaviors.
Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Programs
- Intensive Outpatient Program - this program includes group, educational lectures, films and a comprehensive family program. The program meets three evenings a week.
- Family Program - attendance required for all patients and family members. Lectures and discussions on chemical dependency are the focus of this portion of the treatment. It also offers an introduction to family-based recovery.
- Outpatient and Aftercare Treatment - offered one to two nights per week or through individual sessions and/or an aftercare group.
Funding through the ADM Board is provided for Adult or Adolescent clientele who live in Summit County and meet criteria.
To schedule at assessment or for more information call:
Date Updated: 18-APR-2016