Our advanced brain and spine experts are right here in Akron - because every minute counts.
For stroke and other threats to the brain or spine, prompt treatment is critical. Take comfort in knowing that our team of highly skilled doctors, surgeons, neurological intensive-care physicians, nurses and staff is nearby and ready to give you the very best care.
At Cleveland Clinic Akron General's Neuroscience Institute, recovering patients benefit from:
- All the personalized care they need in one location, which includes a dedicated neuro intensive-care unit
- Advanced surgical and diagnostic technology - some of which is the only such technology in Summit County including the following:
- Our Intra-operative MRI (iMRI) operating room (OR) focuses on treating a variety of conditions ranging from brain tumors, to cerebrovascular disease to functional disorders of the brain such as Parkinson’s Disease and epilepsy
- Two intraoperative CT suites that integrate intraoperative imaging via a multi-slice CT – with surgical navigation, planning and digital data management in the (OR)
- Four operating suites that will accommodate state-of the-art equipment previously not available in Summit County.
- Gamma Knife radiosurgical treatment for brain tumors - the only one in Summit County.
- Sophisticated techniques and procedures that help patients get back to living active lives quickly
Our patients have access to a full range of specialists including neurologists, neurosurgeons, interventional neuroradiologists and subspecialists from other disciplines. In collaboration with Center for Neuro & Spine, Akron General brings together this diverse team with training from some of the world’s leading medical programs. Each has training in a wide range of surgical procedures now using the highest quality of cutting-edge technologies for brain and spine conditions.
- Acute stroke intervention
- Aneurysm coiling
- Angioplasty and stenting (head & neck)
- Cavernous-carotid fistula embolization
- Complex spinal reconstruction
- Dural AV fistula embolization
- Epilepsy monitoring
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
- Intra-operative brain mapping
- Microdiskectomy surgery for disc herniations
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Muscular Sclerosis
- Shunting for hydrocephalus
- Skull-base and cerebrovascular surgery
- Spinal instrumentation
- Spinal reconstruction
- Spinal vertebroplasty
- Spine decompression
For more information, call 330.344.3100.