Many disorders of the heart occur similarly in other areas of the body including arteries and veins in the neck, arms and legs. The Akron General Heart & Vascular Center is one of just a few centers in the country that provides the opportunity for collaboration among Center specialists. As new treatment options are developed in one specialty, they can be brought to the others as well.
Our team of cardiothoracic surgeons, boast a combined experience of more than 70 years. Together working along side with our nurses and support staff, they are the most experienced team in the area and administer an extraordinary level of expertise and personalized care.
With our experienced vascular team, advances in vascular surgery continue to optimize patient outcomes and satisfaction. Vascular surgeons at Akron General perform more than 700 vascular surgeries each year as well as a variety of other interventional procedures for the treatment of vascular disease.
The one-on-one contact we're able to offer during hospitalization, through nurse care managers, helps patients get up and around as quickly as possible. It allows us to focus, with our patients, on medication therapy and education, increasing the speed and ease of recovery.
Partial list of surgical options available:
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)
- Off-pump bypass
- Valve replacement and repair
- Maze procedure - atrial fibrillation ablation
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Endovascular grafting for aortic abdominal aneurysm (AAA)
- Inferior vena cava filters
- Limb salvage bypass surgery
- Hemodialysis access surgery
- Upper extremity revascularization
- Total Endoscopic Coronary Artery Bypass (TECAB) Robotic Surgery
Date Updated: 13-SEP-2013