We do it all day, every day because breathing is necessary for all body functions. So when breathing becomes difficult, every part of your life is affected. Akron General's Pulmonary Medicine can help.
Akron General's Pulmonary Medicine Department treats patients with pulmonary diseases, which are diseases of the lung and respiratory system.
Pulmonary diseases and accompanying symptoms can include:
- Blood in phlegm
- Carbon monoxide poisoning and hyperbaric medicine
- Chronic cough
- Emphysema and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Lung Cancer
- Lung nodules and abnormal chest x-rays
- Lung scarring or pulmonary fibrosis
- Nicotine addiction and smoking
- Occupational lung diseases
- Pleural effusions
- Pneumonia and lung abscess
- Pulmonary embolism
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Shortness of breath
- Sinus congestion and allergies
- Sleep apnea and snoring
Here you will find information on testing used to diagnose pulmonary diseases, treatment options, community education services and more.