We do it all day, every day because breathing is necessary for all body functions. So when breathing becomes difficult, every part of your life is affected. Akron General's Pulmonary Medicine can help.
Akron General's Pulmonary Medicine Department treats patients with pulmonary diseases, which are diseases of the lung and respiratory system.
Pulmonary diseases can include:
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome
- Alpha-1 antitripsin deficiency
- Asbestosis exposure
- Black lung
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Infant respiratory distress syndrome
- Neuromuscular disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary vascular disease (PVD)
- Various forms of cancer
Here you will find information on testing used to diagnose pulmonary diseases, treatment options, community education services and more.