The scope of practice for the Akron General Urgent Care Center was carefully and specifically designed to offer our community a place to go with minor, yet urgent needs, backed by a trusted partner in your healthcare. We serve families (adults and children) who need care for minor, yet urgent complaints and offer a higher level of care than a standard retail health clinic, such as X-ray and suturing. This is especially convenient for minor health complaints when physician offices are closed after work and on the weekends.
Our Montrose location at the Akron General Health & Wellness Center - West, is integrated into one of our award-winning Emergency Departments. That means that no matter what level of care you need, you can be seen promptly for both urgent and emergent needs, in just one location.
We offer care for urgent, but not emergent medical situations and wellness services including, but not limited to:
- Minor illness care: Sore throat, upper respiratory infections, urinary tract infections, rashes and more
- Immunizations: Flu and tetanus vaccines
- Minor injuries: Sprains, strains, closed fractures (without complications), simple lacerations.
- Limited lab testing: Rapid strep, urinalysis and blood glucose
- Sports/school physicals for children
- No IV medication or CT scans will occur at Urgent Care centers, but instead patients presenting with complaints needing a more advanced level of care will be directed to an Emergency Department or they can be seen in the same setting as Emergency Department patients (Montrose only).
Staffed by providers experienced in primary care needs, we know just what to do when you and your family need relief now. Think of us as your springboard for getting back on your feet and feeling better faster.