Welcome to Akron General’s New Life Center!
Having a baby is one of life’s most special events, and here at Akron General, we are ready to be your maternity hospital partner. We believe that each labor and delivery experience is unique and requires careful thought and personal attention. Whether it is your first baby or fourth, we will guide you through all that you need to know to feel prepared for a happy, healthy arrival at our New Life Center.
We invite you to register for a tour, get a virtual look at our birthing suites and private postpartum rooms and explore our comprehensive childbirth class offerings. Questions? Call us at 330-344-BABY(2229).
Why Choose Akron General’s New Life Center?
- Each year, we help families welcome more than 3,000 new babies into the world.
- Our Mother-Baby units feature completely private postpartum rooms, designed for bonding and comfort. Take a virtual tour!
- We offer Level III Obstetric Service, the highest level of care available in obstetrics, and our specially trained staff, maternal-fetal medicine specialists and anesthesiologists are available 24-hours a day.
- Our practice was instrumental in coordinating the complex delivery of Ohio’s first sextuplets, as well as the newsworthy mono mono twins.
- We were the first local hospital to partner with Akron Children’s Hospital’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, so babies who need special care can stay close to mom.
Need a doctor?
The provider team at Akron General Obstetrics & Gynecology includes board-certified obstetricians and gynecologists, certified nurse practitioners and certified nurse midwives, with privileges to deliver babies at Akron General’s New Life Center. Five convenient office locations. New patients welcome. Call 330-344-8565 or request an appointment online.
Learn more about Akron General’s Midwifery Services.