Akron General was the first hospital in the area to devote an entire facility to health and wellness, providing everything necessary to get healthy and stay healthy - from the finest fitness equipment to personal trainers and dietitians. And the success of this program has not gone unrecognized.
For twelfth consecutive years, Akron General LifeStyles has been awarded Club Industry's Fitness Business Pro Magazine Top 100 Clubs and Chains in the Nation and #1 Hospital-owned Center in the Nation. LifeStyles has received numerous awards from Fitness Management Magazine in the areas of events, classes and community outreach, weight management programs, summer camp programs, exercise programming, marketing, wellness and health promotion, customer service and more.
LifeStyles was awarded the John P. Greene Founders Award as the "Organization that has advanced the medical fitness industry" and has also received recognition from the Ohio Parks & Recreation Association and Medical Fitness Association.
So you can see why Akron General LifeStyles is the trusted leader in health and wellness. For the past fifteen years, LifeStyles has maintained the highest standards in medical fitness and wellness programs and continues to offer all the tools necessary to improve or maintain a healthy life.
Award recognition includes:
- #1 Hospital-owned Center in the Nation
- One of the Top 100 Clubs and Chains in the Nation
- "Organization that has advanced the medical fitness industry"
- Administrative Excellence in Medical Fitness Leadership
- Medical Fitness Association Distinguished Achievement Award
- Fox 8 Award - Best of Akron three consecutive years
- Numerous Club Industry and NOVA 7 programming awards
Date Updated: 14-OCT-2011