We appreciate your interest in Akron General and hope that we've provided you with the information you need to choose the right residency program. Akron General is able to offer an exceptional medical education experience because of our knowledgeable and hard-working staff. Ranked "One of America's Best Hospitals," by U.S. News & World Report, we maintain a standard of excellence that promises nothing but the best care for our patients and therefore, nothing but the best education for our medical students and residents.
Residency applications and the additional items below must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Application Deadline: 11/1/12
General Surgery Expected Program Length: Five Years
Application consists of:
• Medical School Academic Transcript
• Medical Student Performance Evaluation>(Dean's letter)
• Minimum USMLE (Step I and Step II) Passing Scores of 75 or higher (First Attempt)
• Valid ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
• Curriculum vitae
• Three letters of recommendation
• Personal statement
- All information must be submitted before an application can be reviewed.
- Interviews are by invitation. If you have been selected, we will contact you using the information you have provided.
Important Information for International Medical Graduate Applicants:
- Applicant must be ECFMG certified before NRMP Rank Order List deadline.
- H1-B visa's are preferred (J-1 visa's are accepted).
- Prior U.S. experience is preferred, but not required.
- We prefer applicants who have graduated within the last 2 years.
Date Updated: 03-OCT-2012