We appreciate your interest in Akron General and hope that we've provided you with the information you need to choose the residency program that best suits your needs. Akron General is able to offer an exceptional medical education experience because of our knowledgeable and hard-working staff. We maintain a standard of excellence that promises nothing but the best care for our patients and therefore, nothing but the best education for our medical students and residents.
Residency applications and the additional items below must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Application Deadline: 12/31/12
Interview Dates: 10/1/12 - 1/25/13
Expected Program Length: Three years
Application consists of:
All information must be submitted before an application can be reviewed.
Interviews are by invitation. If you have been selected to interview, we will contact you by email using the information you have provided.
We cannot check the individual status of each application. Once you have applied via ERAS, you will be contacted within two to three weeks if you have been selected for an interview. Due to the number of applicants, we cannot send letters of regret if you are not selected for an interview.
• Medical School Academic Transcript
• Minimum USMLE (Step I, Step II CK and Step II CS) Scores of 90 or higher (First Attempt)
• Must have successfully completed USMLE Step I and Step II CK prior to the Rank List deadline.
• Valid ECFMG certificate (if applicable).
• Curriculum vitae
• Three letters of recommendation
• Dean's Letter
• Personal statement
Important Information for International Medical Graduate Applicants:
- Applicant must be ECFMG certified before NRMP Rank Order List Deadline.
- Must have successfully completed USMLE Step I, Step II CK and Step II CS prior to Rank List deadline.
- H-1B visa's are preferred. (Must have successfully completed USMLE Step 3 prior to the Rank List deadline).
- J-1 visa's are accepted.
- Prior U.S. experience is preferred, but not required.
- Must have graduated from medical school within the past 5 years.
Date Updated: 17-SEP-2012