We appreciate your interest in Akron General and hope that we've provided you with the information you need to choose the right residency program. Akron General is able to offer an exceptional medical education experience because of our knowledgeable and hard-working staff. Ranked "One of America's Best Hospitals," by U.S. News & World Report, we maintain a standard of excellence that promises nothing but the best care for our patients and therefore, nothing but the best education for our medical students and residents.
Residency applications and the additional items below must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Also, all urology applicants must apply for the AUA and NRMP matching programs.
2012 Application Deadline: October 5
2012 Interview Dates: October 24, October 26, October 31, November 2
Expected Program Length: Five Years
Application consists of:
• ERAS Application
• Medical School Academic Transcript
• Medical Student Performance Evaluation
• Minimum USMLE Step I Score of 200 or higher; Step II Score of 200 or higher if available
• Valid ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
• Curriculum vitae
• Three letters of recommendation
• Personal statement
Important Information for Applicants:
- Applicants from foreign medical schools must be ECFMG-certified.
- H-1B visas are preferred (J-1 visas accepted).
- Prior U.S. experience is preferred, but not required.
- Interviews are by invitation. If you have been selected, we will contact you using the information you have provided.
- Applicant must have graduated from medical school within the past 3 years.
Interested in rotating? Please complete the form and mail it to the Department of Medical Education, Akron General Medical Center, 400 Wabash Avenue, Akron, OH 44307.