We appreciate your interest in Akron General and hope that we've provided you with the information you need to choose the right residency program. Akron General is able to offer an exceptional medical education experience because of our knowledgeable and hard-working staff. Ranked "One of America's Best Hospitals," by U.S. News & World Report, we maintain a standard of excellence that promises nothing but the best care for our patients and therefore, nothing but the best education for our medical students and residents.
Residency applications and the additional items below must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Application Deadline: 12/31/12
Interview Dates: 10/1/12 - 1/25/13
Expected Program Length: One Year
Application consists of:
All information must be submitted before an application can be reviewed.
Interviews are by invitation. If you have been selected, we will contact you using the information you have provided.
We cannot check the individual status of each application. Once you have applied via ERAS, you will be contacted within two to three weeks if you have been selected for an interview. Due to the number of applicants, we cannot send letters of regret if you are not selected for an interview.
• Medical School Academic Transcript
• Dean's Letter
• Minimum USMLE (Step I, Step II CK and Step II CS) Scores of 75 or higher (First Attempt)
• Must have successfully completed USMLE Step I and Step II CK prior to the Rank List deadline
• Valid ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
• Curriculum vitae
• Three letters of recommendation
• Personal statement
Important Information for International Medical Graduate Applicants:
- Applicant must be ECFMG certified before NRMP Rank Order List deadline.
- Must have successfully completed USMLE Step I, Step II CK and Step II CS prior to the Rank List deadline.
- H-1B visa's preferred (Must have successfully completed USMLE Step 3 prior to the Rank List deadline.)
- J-1 visa's are accepted.
- Prior U.S. experience is preferred, but not required.
- We prefer applicants who have graduated within the past 2 - 5 years.
Date Updated: 17-SEP-2012