Akron General's Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences is a major participant in the psychiatry residency program of the Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED). Other participants are Summa Health System and the community mental health system of Summit County. Get more information about the NEOMED Psychiatry Residency.
Curriculum activities also take place at Akron Children's Hospital and agencies of the County of Summit Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board, including Community Support Services, Portage Path Psychiatric Emergency Services, Psycho-Diagnostic Clinic and the Summit County Jail.
The Psychiatry Residency offers:
- Emphasis on psychotherapy while maintaining competency in pharmacotherapy
- Variety of mental health issues treated, including severe mental illness and substance abuse
- Teaching faculty are consistently available and committed to teaching
- Invaluable ancillary staff (program coordinator, triage nurses, support staff, and more)
- Well-rounded training including inpatient, outpatient and community settings
- Reasonable work expectation, encouraging life outside of residency
- Structured and protected weekly didactic time
- Bimonthly psychiatry grand round lectures covering pertinent topics
- Resident feedback is encouraged and heard
- Friendly, happy residents
- Medical Center provides great benefit package including free meals and parking, competitve salary and health insurance options.
- Medical Center located conveniently between Columbus and Cleveland.
For more information visit the NEOMED Psychiatry Residency web page or call 800-216-6511.
Please tell us about your experience with this Web site. Click here to take survey
Date Updated: 02-OCT-2012