Muffins for Mammograms is back! Now in its 24th year, Akron General's annual bake sale fundraiser in October distributes breast health information along with muffins during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Proceeds pay for mammograms for women who are uninsured or under-insured. This year’s event will be held Wednesday, October 15, and same-day sales of blueberry and double chocolate muffins will be available for $15 per dozen from 7 - 10 a.m. at five different locations:
• Akron General, 1 Akron General Ave., Akron
• Health & Wellness Center, Bath, 4125 Medina Rd., Akron
• Health & Wellness Center, Stow, 4300 Allen Rd., Stow
• Health & Wellness Center, Green, 1940 Town Park Blvd., Uniontown
• Lodi Hospital, 225 Elyria St., Lodi
Advance orders of $150 or more will be accepted via order form or online at www.akrongeneral.org/muffinsand will be delivered to all locations within Summit County. Advance delivery orders must be placed by Monday, Sept. 26. For questions about ordering muffins, please call 330.344.7170.
If you know a woman who needs more information about a free mammogram through Muffins for Mammograms, or prescreening qualifications, call 330.344.AGMC (2462).