about your safety and comfort after surgery and
urge you to follow these instructions regarding
your recovery, unless otherwise instructed by your
- To control your pain, your
doctor may give you a prescription for pain control.
- You will not be able to drive
after your surgery. If someone cannot accompany
you, bring a phone number where we can reach someone
who is immediately available, when called, to
drive you home.
- Arrange for someone to stay
with you for 24 hours after surgery. Your surgery
may be canceled if no one is available to stay
- Progress gradually from fluids
to solid foods.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages
for at least 24 hours after surgery.
- Take deep breaths to keep your
- Move around according to your
- Do not drive or operate machinery
for 24 hours after surgery.
- Do not make important decisions
or sign any important documents within 24 hours
An Akron General representative
may call you at home to ask how you are doing and
to answer any questions you may have about caring
for yourself at home.
Additionally, you may receive
a patient satisfaction survey in the mail.
Please help us evaluate our care by completing and
returning the survey. We
appreciate any suggestions you may have to improve
patient and family care.
If you have any questions,
please refer to your instructions or call your doctor.
Date Updated: 01-JAN-2005