Location — Akron General Medical Center
Duration — 4 weeks
Number of Students — 1
Rufus Reuben, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor
400 Wabash Avenue
Akron, Ohio 44307
- To provide the student with an understanding of normal aging and how to improve the health care of older adults to prevent potential health risks and problems.
- Work with healthcare providers in the treatment of the geriatric patient in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Participate in geriatric assessments, primary care geriatrics, and family follow-up conferences.
- Referrals and possible visits to community-based support services will provide the student with an understanding of the resources available to older adults in the area.
- Nursing home and home care visits may be possible depending on schedule and availability.
Night Call/Special Requirements: None
Date Updated: 05-NOV-2012