Location – Akron General Medical Center
Duration – 4 weeks
Number of Students – 1
DIRECTOR AND TEACHING FACULTY
Robert Kamienski, MD
Assistant Professor of Surgery
1 Akron General Ave.
Akron, OH 44307
- To develop advanced cognitive, affective and psychomotor skills in thoracic and vascular surgery.
- As an integral part of the surgical team, the student will participate on rounds and in the operating room, assisting and performing in operative procedures which include: endoscopy; wound closure; thoracentesis and intravascular cannulation.
- He/she will be assigned two patients per week for history and physical examination, and will participate in the continuing management including the diagnostic and therapeutic surgical procedures, order writing, and consultation with family.
- On assigned patients, the student will be expected to be present for any special examinations and procedures.
- During the final week, the student will be encouraged to present to the Thoracic Surgical staff an in-depth review of the chosen subject pertinent to a case currently under care.
Night Call/Special Requirements: None.
Date Updated: 22-SEP-2014