Location — Summa/Akron City Hospital , Akron General Medical Center, & Akron Children's Hospital
Duration — 4 weeks
3 weeks at both adult institutions
1 week at Akron Children's Hospital
Number of Students — 3 per month
Director(s)/ Responsible Faculty —
Raymond A. Bologna, MD
Clinical Professor of Urology, NEOMED Residency Program Director, Urology
320 West Exchange Street
Akron, OH 44302
Those interested in rotating should apply using VSAS and send a letter of recommendation from a preceptor, through VSAS.
To provide the student who has a serious interest in urology as a career with exposure to the breadth and scope of this discipline. This is not a general elective offered to students whose interests lie outside the surgical field.
- Increase the student's understanding of the scope of urology.
- Initiate the student into reading about specific urologic diseases and problems.
- To achieve a deeper understanding of the anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology of urology disease.
One day of in-house call per week to take place at assigned hospital
Student will work directly with first-call resident on consults and OR cases as necessary
Student is excused from duties after 12pm
- Student will be required to present to the Urology Department at the end of the month during Wednesday conference
- Student MUST discuss topic and review presentation parameters with chief resident(s)
- Student will spend non-clinic days in surgery
- With chief resident permission, student can move between institutions to view/participate in interesting cases
Date Updated: 28-AUG-2013