HIGH RISK OBSTETRICS/GYNECOLOGY
Location — Akron General Medical Center
Duration — 4 weeks
Number of Students — 1
Justin P. Lavin, Jr., MD, Chairman, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Subspecialty: Maternal Fetal Medicine
1 Akron General Ave.
Akron, Ohio 44307
Jennifer Savitski, MD, Vice Chair Program Director, Clinical Assistant Professor of Obstetrics/Gynecology
John Stewart, MD, Chief of Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine
Stephen Crane, MD, Maternal Fetal Medicine
Melissa Mancuso, MD, Maternal Fetal Medicine
Katherine Wolfe, DO, Maternal Fetal Medicine
Jennifer Ahn, MD, Maternal Fetal Medicine
Elliot Phillipson, MD, Maternal Fetal Medicine
J. Kenneth Davis, MD, Director of OB/ER Triage
Mark Davis, MD, Director of Obstetrics
Melissa Kirven, MD, M3 Core Clerkship Director
Barry Fish, MD, Director of Women's Health Clinic
- To enable the student to appreciate both the intellectual and technical challenges of Maternal Fetal Medicine.
- To prepare the student interested in the specialty to function more effectively in an Obstetrics/Gynecology residency.
- Function in the role of intern.
- Assist with high-risk deliveries and obstetrical surgeries.
- Assist with the care of both inpatient and outpatient high-risk obstetrical patients.
- Learn beginning aspects of obstetrical ultrasound and fetal procedures.
- Attend Obstetrics/Gynecology conferences.
- Attend Fetal Treatment Center Conferences.
- Prepare a brief literature review pertaining to a common clinical problem for presentation at morning conference.
- Assist in the teaching of M3 clerks.
Night Call/Special Requirements: Optional