The goal of the Akron General Medical Center Service League Nursing Scholarship is to provide financial assistance for students regardless of race, religion, sex, age, disability or national origin, who are accepted by an accredited college of nursing. Scholarships will be provided by the Akron General Medical Center Development Foundation through endowments funded by the Akron General Medical Center Service League and other benefactors. The scholarships are awarded based on candidate's scholarship and financial need.
- Candidates must be accepted by an accredited Graduate Nursing Program.
- Candidates must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or more as submitted by university.
- Applications will be available on or around January 1 of each year. Candidates may pick them up in the Human Resources Department, print one off the Internet or have one mailed to them.
Click here for an application you can print out and complete (pdf format).
- The deadline for the scholarship is March 1 of each year.
- Scholarships are awarded in April of each year, and finalists must interview in person. Recipients are invited to attend the May Service League Luncheon Meeting.
For further information, please contact Nurse Recruitment at 330-344-6867.
Date Updated: 23-JAN-2009