Physician Ready Access Line
Akron General has a dedicated transfer line to facilitate patients' transfer to Akron General Medical Center from other facilities. This service is available 24 hours a day and is answered by an all RN staff that works with Akron General physicians to quickly and efficiently transfer patients.
Through the Physician Ready Access service:
- Callers dial one number: 1-800-DOC-AGMC (800-362-2462)
- A dedicated Nurse (in Admitting) will provide the caller with one-call transfer arrangements for the patients.
- The Physician Ready Access Nurse will immediately contact the on-call physician in the requested specialty according to protocol. The two physicians will then be connected.
- The Physician Ready Access Nurse will check on bed availability and make appropriate arrangements. They will also arrange for transportation, if requested, and will take insurance information, if known.
- The Physician Ready Access Nurse will log all calls and will send a confirmation to the caller.
Direct physician-to-physician calls and ED-specified transfers do not need to go through this service.
Date Updated: 08-APR-2013