For release: August 1, 2013|
Amy Kilgore 330.344.6014, KilgorA@ccf.org
Kelly Ward-Smith 330.344.1681, WardSmK@ccf.org
Akron General Wellness Services offers regularly scheduled low-cost bone, glucose and cholesterol screenings throughout the community, including the following dates in August:
*Bone density screenings are provided on indicated Saturdays only.
- August 6 and 17*, 8:30-11 a.m., Akron General Health & Wellness – North, 4300 Allen Road, Stow
- August 10* and 27, 8:30-11 a.m., Akron General Health & Wellness – Green, 1940 Town Park Boulevard, Uniontown
- August 13 and 24*, 8:30-11 a.m., Akron General Health & Wellness – West, 4125 Medina Road, Montrose
- August 7, 8-11 a.m., Portage Lakes Fitness Center, 3089 Manchester Road, Akron
- August 8, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Klein’s, 2015 State Road, Cuyahoga Falls
- August 14, 23 and 28, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Acme Fresh Market stores in Akron, Cuyahoga Falls, Hudson, Kent, North Canton, Norton, Stow and Tallmadge
- August 21, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Mustard Seed Market & Café, 3885 W. Market Street., Montrose
To measure LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, be sure to fast for at least twelve hours. No appointments required. Free parking is provided. Cholesterol and blood glucose screenings are done by a finger-stick test. The bone density screening is a fast, painless ultrasound. Please call 330-665-8095 with questions. A schedule with complete dates, times and locations is available at the front desk of each of the Wellness Centers or at akrongeneral.org.
About Akron General Health System
Akron General Health System is a not-for-profit health care organization with the mission of improving the health and lives of the people and communities it serves. Akron General Health System includes: Akron General Medical Center, a 532-registered-bed teaching and research medical center, and Edwin Shaw Rehabilitation Institute, the area’s largest provider of rehabilitation services; Akron General Partners, which includes Partners Physician Group, the Akron General Health & Wellness Centers, Lodi Community Hospital, Community Health Centers and other companies; Akron General Community Health Ventures, which includes Visiting Nurse Service and Affiliates, the largest and most comprehensive provider of home healthcare services in Ohio; and Akron General Foundation. Recently, U.S. News & World Report ranked Akron General Medical Center as the fifth best hospital in Ohio. In 2013, the American Nurses Association bestowed the prestigious “Magnet” status on the more that 1,000 nurses from Akron General Medical Center, Edwin Shaw Rehabilitation Institute and the Health System’s Health & Wellness Centers. For more information about Akron General Health System, visit www.akrongeneral.org.