For release: February 3, 2014|
Amy Kilgore 330.344.6014, email@example.com
Kelly Ward-Smith 330.344.1681, firstname.lastname@example.org
Akron General Wellness Services offers regularly scheduled low-cost bone, glucose and cholesterol screenings throughout the community, including the following dates in February:
*Bone density screenings are provided on indicated Saturdays only.
- February 4 and 15*, 8:30-11 a.m., Akron General Health & Wellness – North, 4300 Allen Road, Stow
- February 8* and 25, 8:30-11 a.m., Akron General Health & Wellness – Green, 1940 Town Park Boulevard, Uniontown
- February 11 and 22*, 8:30-11 a.m., Akron General Health & Wellness – West, 4125 Medina Road, Montrose
- February 5, 8 a.m. – 11 a.m., Portage Lakes Fitness Center, 3089 Manchester Rd., Akron
- February 7, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Acme Fresh Market #1, 1835 W. Market St., Akron
- February 13, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Klein’s, 2015 State Rd., Cuyahoga Falls
- February 19, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Mustard Seed Market & Café, 3885 W. Market St., Montrose
- February 21, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Acme Fresh Market #10, 2226 State Rd., Cuyahoga Falls
- February 26, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Acme Fresh Market #2, 2420 Wedgewood Dr., Akron
To measure LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, be sure to fast for at least twelve hours. No appointments required. Free parking is provided. Cholesterol and blood glucose screenings are done by a finger-stick test. The bone density screening is a fast, painless ultrasound.
Costs range from $12-$58 depending upon the combination of tests ordered. Cash, check or credit card accepted at Akron General Health & Wellness Centers. Cash or check only at other community locations. Please call 330-665-8095 with questions. A schedule with complete dates, times and locations for the year is available at the front desk of each of the Akron General Health & Wellness Centers or at www.akrongeneral.org.
About Akron General Health System
Akron General Health System is a not-for-profit health care organization that has been improving the health and lives of the people and communities it serves since 1914. Akron General Health System includes: Akron General Medical Center, a 532-registered-bed teaching and research medical center, and Edwin Shaw Rehabilitation Institute, the area’s largest provider of rehabilitation services; Akron General Partners, which includes Partners Physician Group, the Akron General Health & Wellness Centers, Lodi Community Hospital, Community Health Centers and other companies; Akron General Community Health Ventures, which includes Visiting Nurse Service and Affiliates; and Akron General Foundation. Recently, U.S. News & World Report ranked Akron General Medical Center as the fifth best hospital in Ohio. In 2013, the American Nurses Association bestowed the prestigious “Magnet” status on the more that 1,000 nurses from Akron General Medical Center, Edwin Shaw Rehabilitation Institute and the Health System’s Health & Wellness Centers. For more information about Akron General Health System, visit www.akrongeneral.org.