For release: March 18, 2014|
Amy Kilgore 330.344.6014, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Armstrong 330.344.6083, email@example.com
Akron General Wellness Services offers regularly scheduled low-cost bone, glucose and cholesterol screenings throughout the community, including the following dates in April:
- April 1 and 19*, 8:30-11 a.m., Akron General Health & Wellness – North, 4300 Allen Road, Stow
- April 12* and 22, 8:30-11 a.m., Akron General Health & Wellness – Green, 1940 Town Park Boulevard, Uniontown
- April 8 and 26*, 8:30-11 a.m., Akron General Health & Wellness – West, 4125 Medina Road, Montrose
- April 2, 8 a.m. – 11 a.m., Portage Lakes Fitness Center, 3089 Manchester Rd., Akron
- April 9, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Acme Fresh Market #17, 4445 Kent Rd., Stow
- April 10, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Klein’s, 2015 State Rd., Cuyahoga Falls
- April 16, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Mustard Seed Market & Café, 3885 W. Market St., Montrose
- April 23, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Acme Fresh Market #14, 3235 Manchester Rd., Akron
- April 30, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Acme Fresh Market #12, 2630 Bailey Rd., Cuyahoga Falls
*Bone density screenings are provided on indicated Saturdays only.
To measure LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, be sure to fast for at least twelve hours. No appointments required. Free parking is provided. Cholesterol and blood glucose screenings are done by a finger-stick test. The bone density screening is a fast, painless ultrasound.
Costs range from $12-$58 depending upon the combination of tests ordered. Cash, check or credit card accepted at Akron General Health & Wellness Centers. Cash or check only at other community locations. Please call 330-665-8095 with questions. A schedule with complete dates, times and locations for the year is available at the front desk of each of the Akron General Health & Wellness Centers or at akrongeneral.org/screenings.
About Akron General Health System
Akron General Health System, an affiliate of Cleveland Clinic, is a not-for-profit health care organization that has been improving the health and lives of the people and communities it serves since 1914. Akron General Health System includes: Akron General Medical Center, a 532-bed teaching and research medical center, and Edwin Shaw Rehabilitation Institute, the area’s largest provider of rehabilitation services; Akron General Partners, which includes Partners Physician Group, the Akron General Health & Wellness Centers, Lodi Community Hospital, Community Health Centers and other companies; Akron General Visiting Nurse Service and Affiliates; and Akron General Foundation. Recently, U.S. News & World Report ranked Akron General Medical Center as the fifth best hospital in Ohio. In 2013, the American Nurses Association bestowed the prestigious “Magnet” status on the more than 1,000 nurses from Akron General Medical Center, Edwin Shaw Rehabilitation Institute and the Health System’s Health & Wellness Centers. For more information about Akron General Health System, visit www.akrongeneral.org.