For release: April 28, 2014|
Amy Kilgore 330.344.6014, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Armstrong 330.344.6083, email@example.com
Akron General Wellness Services offers regularly scheduled low-cost bone, glucose and cholesterol screenings throughout the community, including the following dates in May:
- May 6 and 17*, 8:30-11 a.m., Akron General Health & Wellness – North, 4300 Allen Road, Stow
- May 10* and 27, 8:30-11 a.m., Akron General Health & Wellness – Green, 1940 Town Park Boulevard, Uniontown
- May 13 and 24*, 8:30-11 a.m., Akron General Health & Wellness – West, 4125 Medina Road, Montrose
- May 7, 8 a.m. – 11 a.m., Portage Lakes Fitness Center, 3089 Manchester Rd., Akron
- May 8, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Klein’s, 2015 State Rd., Cuyahoga Falls
- May 14, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Acme Fresh Market #18, 2147 East Ave., Akron
- May 21, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Acme Fresh Market #4, 116 W. Streetsboro Rd., Hudson
- May 24, 12:30 – 3 p.m., Mustard Seed Market & Café, 3885 W. Market St., Montrose
- May 30, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Acme Fresh Market #16, 1474 N. Main St., North Canton
*Bone density screenings are provided on indicated Saturdays only.
To measure LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, be sure to fast for at least twelve hours. No appointments required. Free parking is provided. Cholesterol and blood glucose screenings are done by a finger-stick test. The bone density screening is a fast, painless ultrasound.
Costs range from $12-$58 depending upon the combination of tests ordered. Cash, check or credit card accepted at Akron General Health & Wellness Centers. Cash or check only at other community locations. Please call 330-665-8095 with questions. A schedule with complete dates, times and locations for the year is available at the front desk of each of the Akron General Health & Wellness Centers or at akrongeneral.org/screenings.
About Cleveland Clinic Akron General
Cleveland Clinic Akron General is a nonprofit healthcare organization that has been improving the health and lives of the people and communities it serves since 1914. Akron General includes: Akron General Medical Center, a 532-bed teaching and research medical center, and Edwin Shaw Rehabilitation, the area’s largest provider of rehabilitation services; Akron General Partners, which includes Partners Physician Group, the Akron General Health & Wellness Centers, Lodi Community Hospital, Community Health Centers and other companies; Akron General Visiting Nurse Service and Affiliates; and Akron General Foundation. For more information about Akron General, visit akrongeneral.org.